Hennepin County Deferred Front Yard Fix Up Program
Hennepin County has made funds available for homeowners to encourage exterior home rehabilitation and beautification projects in the Penn Avenue Corridor. Deadline for application is September 1, 2017 (see below for more details).
- Loan amounts from $2,000 to $5,000
- 0% APR (fixed interest rate)
- This loan is secured by a mortgage on your property
- Term is 5 years – No repayment is due if the property owner remains in the home for 5 years
- Income limits apply – Household income is not to exceed $102,960* per year, which is 120% of HUD's Area Median Income for the Twin Cities.
- Download the program guidelines
- Properties located on Penn Ave from Highway 394 to 44th Ave N OR Osseo Road from 44th Ave N to 49th Ave N
- 1-4 units
- owner occupied
- Properties held in a trust are not eligible
Types of Improvements
- Eligible improvements include: Additions, exterior painting, window and door replacement, walkway/front step repair, siding, foundation repair, landscaping (not to exceed 20% of loan amount).
- Minimum of 2 bids are required for each project
Complete application must be submitted by September 1, 2017. A complete application includes:
- Online or paper application
- 2 bids for work to be done
- A copy of the most recent Federal Tax Return
Prioritization of Applications Received
CEE will review all applications received and prioritize according to the following:
- 1st priority will go to borrowers who live between the boundaries of Plymouth Ave N and 34th Ave N along Penn Ave.
- 2nd priority will go to borrowers who are at or below 80% of Area Median Income.
- 3rd Priority will be a lottery if there are still more applications than funds available after exhausting the 1st and 2nd methods of prioritization.
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).
*Income is based on the Adjusted Gross Income from the most recent tax return