Mrs. Vreeland started at the Center for Energy and Environment in May of 2007. She has experience in both residential and commercial building performance analysis. Before earning her Master’s Degree, which is focused on residential building science, she worked for Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity and gained knowledge in residential construction techniques.
Angela has six years of Existing Building Commissioning (EBCx) experience, which has included K-12 schools, office buildings, and community colleges, among others. EBCx is a process that seeks to improve how building mechanical equipment and systems function together to reduce energy use while maintaining good indoor air quality and comfort.
Angela was a project engineer for the Public Buildings Enhanced Energy Efficiency Program (PBEEEP), a State run program administered by CEE starting in 2010. Her role in that program was to provide quality assurance so that the savings and cost estimates prepared by independent engineering firms are as accurate as possible and that the measures being recommended are appropriate.
Mrs. Vreeland has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Wisconsin- Madison and a Master of Science Degree in Natural Resources Science and Management from the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities.
Selected Past Projects
Program Delivery: PBEEEP for State Agencies
- Infrared Thermography: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
- EBCx: The Colonnade Office Bilding
- EBCx: Stillwater High School, Stillwater Area Schools
- EBCx: Jerome Haaf Memorial Parking Ramp, City of Minneapolis
- Research: Second-hand Smoke Exposure in Bars and Restaurants
How Much Ventilation is Enough? Energy Use and IAQ, ASHRAE IAQ Applications Winter 2008, David Grimsrud, PhD. and Angela Vreeland.
Certifications and Registrations
- Certified Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota.
- Completed Level I and Level II Thermal/Infrared Thermography courses. Passed the general, building specific, and practical examinations of those courses.
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)